You don’t have to be Irish to take advantage of the St Patrick’s Day sales!
Expect more sale announcements, so check back here or on the price summary page. Prices do not include postage, except where noted.
If you can only buy one test for genealogy, buy this one. AncestryDNA has the largest database (larger than the others combined), and they have excellent tools for integrating DNA test results with family trees. Raw data from AncestryDNA can be uploaded to some of their competitors for free.
- In the USA, kits are only US$59 from 7–18 March.
- In Canada, kits are only $99 CAD from 8–17 March.
- In Australia, kits are only $89 AUD from 11–17 March.
- In the UK, kits are discounted 25% to £59 for UK Mother’s Day (ends 27 March)
This is a great “second test”. 23andMe has the second largest database as well as a chromosome browser for those interested in using segment information, however they offer no tools to integrate family trees with DNA test results. They do not accept transfer files, so the only way into their database is by testing directly with them.
- Free ground shipping for US customers through 17 March.
MyHeritage has the third-largest database, a chromosome browser, and some helpful tools for integrating DNA test results with family trees. They accept uploads from their competitors, but some features require a fee.
- Kits are currently US$59.
Family Tree DNA has a smaller database than its competitors. They offer a chromosome browser and limited tools for integrating trees with DNA results. Their customers are exposed to searches by US law enforcement.
- Family Finder kits are only US$59 for St Patrick’s Day.