The DNA Geek has worked on television shows and been interviewed by multiple media outlets. For media inquiries, click here.
- Lead genealogist on a television show currently in production.
- Consulting genealogist on I Should Have Known. TLC, premiered November 26, 2018.
- Heather Murphy. Genealogy Sites Have Helped Identify Suspects. Now They’ve Helped Convict One. The New York Times, July 1, 2019.
- Heather Murphy. Sooner or Later Your Cousin’s DNA Is Going to Solve a Murder. The New York Times, April 25, 2019.
- Peter Aldhous. We Tried To Find 10 BuzzFeed Employees Just Like Cops Did For The Golden State Killer. BuzzFeed, April 9, 2019.
- Antonio Regalado. More than 26 million people have taken an at-home ancestry test. MIT Technology Review, Feb 11, 2019.
- Salvador Hernandez. One Of The Biggest At-Home DNA Testing Companies Is Working With The FBI. BuzzFeed, January 31, 2019.
- Jennifer Graham. The company that analyzed your DNA just sold the results to someone else. Really, what are the risks? Deseret News, August 21, 2018.
- S.I. Rosenbaum. The twilight of closed adoptions. Boston Globe, August 04, 2018.
- S.I. Rosenbaum. Genetic data can track down criminals — and everyone else. Boston Globe, May 04, 2018.
- Gina Kolata and Heather Murphy. The Golden State Killer Is Tracked Through a Thicket of DNA, and Experts Shudder. The New York Times, April 27, 2018.
- How ‘Anonymous’ Are DNA Tests REALLY? BuzzFeed News, April 9, 2019.